The Mount Airy Presbyterian Church started off as the Second English Presbyterian Church of Amwell. It was founded in 1754 under charter by the Royal Crown of Great Britain and was soon caught up in the American Revolution. Soon after the founding of the church, the officers of the church decided to renounce their allegiance to the King and Crown of England. Mt. Airy decided then to support the unification of this new nation called America from the thirteen colonies. We like to think that we still harbor both that spirit of independence and unity to this very day.